We are seeking an outstanding scientist or engineer to help develop optical systems for medical applications. This position is part of a R&D group that develops new product concepts, improves current products, and supports their transition to market. The ideal candidate would have excellent experimental and computer programming skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, but stimulating and collaborative environment.
- Develop optical systems for new medical lasers and applications by experimentation and modeling. Design, setup, and conduct laboratory experiments and develop and apply software models to design and characterize the performance of such systems.
- Help define project priorities and work with other team members to meet critical project milestones.
- Build and test prototypes of product concepts through the development process. Support early-stage clinical trials for products.
- Know the latest developments in academia and industry by reviewing relevant literature and attending conferences. Apply this knowledge base to enhance current products and develop unique products and applications.
- Comprehensive experience with designing and prototyping bench-top optical systems.
- Extensive experience with developing software (Python or equivalents) for data acquisition and hardware control.
- Extensive experience with optical design software (Zemax OpticStudio or equivalents) for simulating and modeling optical systems is strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with digital camera technology or computer vision is preferred.
- Experience with lasers, product development, or medical device design is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of digital and analog electronics.
Education & Experience
- A Ph.D. degree in optical engineering, physics, or physical chemistry is preferred with at least 3 years of work experience (>5 years preferred). Alternatively, an MS degree with at least 6 years of related work experience, or a bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years of related work experience.
Please visit www.cutera.com for more information about Cutera.
We seek extraordinarily capable, and committed people to help shape and develop our Company. We offer competitive benefits to all levels of employees and provide free shuttles to and from nearby BART and Caltrain stations. If this hands-on leadership positions seems like an exciting role, then apply today!
We design, develop, manufacture, and market medical instruments used in dermatology for advanced energy-based medical aesthetic solutions. Founded in 1998, the corporate headquarters for the Company is located in Brisbane, CA (just outside of San Francisco) and we are proud to manufacture all of our systems and accessories at our headquarters.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you are ready to become part of our spectacular, growing, and FUN company, then apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Applicants responding to this posting must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Competitive salary, benefits, ESPP and stock options. Cutera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Videos To Watch
City: Brisbane, CA, US
Employer reference: REF98C