Cutera, Inc. (NASDAQ: CUTR) is a leading global aesthetic device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. Our teams are made up of energetic and passionate employees who are inspired by developing and selling products that help people look and feel better about themselves. Founded in 1998, we design and manufacture cutting-edge products in our Headquarters location in the San Francisco Bay Area. We offer competitive benefits to all levels of employees. It is a very rewarding and fun place to work!
The Laser Alignment Test Technician will be responsible for optical/laser assembly, Alignment, test and calibration, along with data collection and analysis. In addition, perform rework on assemblies and/or systems in response to failures and nonconformance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calibrate and Burn-in high power laser systems.
- Assemble, clean, Align and test electro-optical assemblies, and laser systems to meet performance specifications.
- Verify Electrical specification with oscilloscope and multimeters
- Troubleshoot and perform problem isolation on Laser system and sub-assembly components.
- Collect and evaluate test and build data to ensure process control and product quality based on specific procedures and processes.
- Interface with engineers on special tests and qualification testing of new products: This includes developing test methodology, establishing test parameters and drafting procedures.
- Develop and maintain data systems to record and report test results. Provide technical input and evaluation on process improvements.
- Analyze equipment performance and schedule maintenance and calibration as required. Utilize online databases to accurately transact material, and review drawings and bills of material.
- Perform failure analysis and determine root cause with minimal instructions
- Ability to complete task within specified timeline.
- Maintain compliance with FDA, GMP/QSR, Manufacturing process/Work Instructions and ISO 13485.
- This job responsibility in no way states or implies that these are the only duties or functions to be performed by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties/function requested by their supervisors.
- AS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Physics, and Laser Technology is preferred or 3-plus years of equivalent experience.
- Ability to use a variety of testing and measuring and optical instruments (oscilloscope, multimeter, photo detector, microscope, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand test procedures and schematics.
- Strong understanding of electronic circuitry and printed circuit boards
- Basic understanding of high voltage power supplies and safety
- Ability to troubleshoot to PCBA board and sub-assembly or component level
- High degree of professionalism, character and integrity
- Detail and quality oriented
- Exceptional Training Skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated with commitment to production timelines
- Able to work with small components.
- Optics/lasers and medical device industry is a strong plus
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds occasionally
- IPC-610 Class II Soldering skills a must
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you are ready to become part of our spectacular, growing, and FUN company, then apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Applicants responding to this posting must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Competitive salary, benefits, ESPP and stock options. Cutera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Videos To Watch
City: Brisbane, CA, US
Employer reference: REF395R