Have a love for lasers? Interested in getting into the Medical Device Industry? Enjoy getting your hands dirty doing prototyping? We are seeking an outstandingly motivated NPI Engineer to join our engineering team and support the development of novel medical devices and applications. This is an opportunity for a new graduate with solid electro-mechanical troubleshooting (down to board level) to begin a career in Medical Device NPI (New Product Introduction).
As a new graduate with some hands on experience in electromechanical devices, you will be part of the R&D - NPI group, participating in Pilot Build, periodic Prototype build, and test/documentation of builds which potentially includes alignment of laser and optical systems (training available), mechanical and electrical assembly, rework of PCBA’s, performance testing, and troubleshooting at the board level. Working closely with our engineers and scientists you will support product development from prototyping, through pilot build, and into manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans, you will to support engineering activities in design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of electro mechanical-optical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment (applications may include lasers, optical systems, analog, digital and/or video circuits, and logic systems)
- Trouble shoot and perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment; assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Learn how to align, test, and debug laser heads for R&D and use test equipment such as optical power meters and heads, oscilloscopes, cameras, and spectrometers to characterize optical performance
- Support transfer of products to manufacturing from R&D through pilot build; write assembly and test methods and potentially assist in training manufacturing personnel
- Motivated, self-starter with good communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative, curious, asks questions and can execute
- Ability to work independently and in a team, and can train other team members
- Likes to tinker and has some hands-on experience with ebikes, cars, or mechatronics products, robots, etc
- Some experience building, testing, and debugging new builds (electromechanical devices)
- Familiarity with test and measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrometers, optical power meters, spectrum analyzers, signal generators and/or any specialized test apparatus
- Able to write work instructions, edit work instruction, take pictures, and explain build steps in writing
- Capable and interested in learning to utilize our PLM (product lifecycle management) database to work with, and create, BOMs (bill of material)
- Experience, working with frequency doubled lasers, lamp or diode-pumped lasers, nonlinear crystals, laser diodes, electro-optical or acousto-optical switches, optical fibers, flashlamps, or imaging systems is helpful / not required
Education / Experience
- New BS Grads with electro-mechanical (or mechatronics) experience welcome to apply
- Hands-on electro-mechanical build and debug experience is highly preferred
- Experience in the medical device or laser industry is helpful
Please visit www.cutera.com for more information about Cutera.
We seek extraordinarily capable and committed people to help shape and develop our Company. We offer competitive benefits to all levels of employees and provide free shuttles to and from nearby BART and Caltrain stations. If this hands-on leadership positions seems like an exciting role, then apply today!
We design, develop, manufacture, and market medical instruments used in dermatology for advanced energy-based medical aesthetic solutions. Founded in 1998, the corporate headquarters for the Company is located in Brisbane, CA (just outside of San Francisco) and we are proud to manufacture all of our systems and accessories at our headquarters.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you are ready to become part of our spectacular, growing, and FUN company, then apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Applicants responding to this posting must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Competitive salary, benefits, ESPP and stock options. Cutera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Videos To Watch
City: Brisbane, CA, US
Employer reference: REF471R